I dropped you in nursery 2 days ago for the first time. Although it was only for an hour, I was so anxious and felt terrible that I could not pick you up because of work. I could not wait to hear the report from nursery and my parents. My heart broke and tears flowed when I heard that you cried till your eyes were red, refused to nap and refused to have formula. How I wish it was me who picked you up, it was me who soothed your crying and it was me who reassured you that you're not being abandoned. I wanted to leave work immediately to go home and see you. Thankfully I could talk to a friend who reassured me that all these feelings were normal and it will be abnormal if you settled into nursery immediately. She confirmed that nursery was a good thing and it will build you into a better kid. Unfortunately you woke up every hour at night.
You went in for a second session today and thankfully things were better. I made sure I dropped you and I picked you up for both our sakes :) There were 12 babies today and you got distracted by them all when I dropped you. There was no crying except for a 'manja' cry when I picked you up. Tomorrow you will have your first meal there. Hopefully you will slowly settle in well. We both have lots to learn. You - to have a set routine, not have your way all the time, be more independant and to learn interaction with other babies. Me - to let go and trust God and others to care for you. We will both become stronger.
Wednesday, 21 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen to that. Or at least this is what I console myself each day.
I'm sure Isaac will adapt well :) Keep writing. Love reading your posts! Isaac sure is growing up to be a fine young man :) a handsome, smiley one too!
aw.... dont worry la... it's part of the process... i will have to call you next time when i send mine to nursery... irene
Thanks for all the support :) Am glad to say he does not cry there anymore.. He now needs to learn to sleep, eat and drink his milk there ;)
you forgot to mention: read and write too :P
Post a Comment