Thursday, 1 April 2010

The end of maternity leave

Today marks my first official day back at work after being off for 6 months. Although I have been back a couple of days in the past few months, it felt surreal to be back and I dreaded this day. Thank God it was not as bad as I thought as I was greeted with some good news about my research, and my office space is as I left it 6 months ago. Although I did not have to worry about you since you were in good hands, I kept thinking about you and what you were doing and it was quite difficult to concentrate. There definitely needs to be another change in the frame of mind and I need to trust God to take care of you when you go into nursery next month. I did take the afternoon off and your smile that welcomed me at home made me think twice about going back to work full time. Well, hopefully its going to get easier with time and all a matter of getting used to.

No comments: