Saturday, 10 April 2010

Motherhood vs Career woman

I have returned to work for one week and it has been full of mixed feelings.

It was initially very difficult to leave you in the morning because you have been by my side for the past 6 months and I missed you terribly in the first hour or so. However, work soon absorbed me and I turned into the 'workaholic' mindset and sort of forgot about you until it was time to go home when feelings of missing you returned. I also feel slightly guilty that I enjoy the freedom of eating lunch at peace and can have adult conversations without interruptions :) Stress and pressure at work is not as easily dealt with when tiredness of having disturbed nights overtakes me but you always greet me after work with a big smile and open arms that makes everything better. Thankfully I have the help of my sister and parents and always had good food waiting for us at home.

Life will be challenging when everybody leaves and I have to juggle between giving my best at my career, being a good mother and a loving wife. If only there were more than 24 hours in a day or if I can function without sleep. Going back to work has made me realise that I love my job as much as love being a mother and I strive to excel in both. Thus, my prayer every night is 'Lord, please grant me strength for another brand new day, AMEN'

2 comments:

Mummy said...

Eh, I kiasu again. Isaac reading again !!

aiwei said...

Have to catch up with your daughter mah :)