Monday, 26 April 2010

First day at nursery

In summary, it was better than expected :) Thank God.

You were not perfectly behaved, but at least you did not cry, finished your breakfast, drank 3oz of milk (better than nothing), slept a total of 1.5 hours (better than nothing) and gave me a huge smile and extended your hands towards me when I came to pick you up. My heart just melted and gave you a great big hug smothered with kisses!! You can only imagine the amount of will power taken not to call the nursery to find out how you were getting on throughout the day.
On the down side, you hardly ate any lunch or tea and had really dirty clothes for me to wash. I was not too surprised that you did not eat lunch as it was your first time tasting chicken and tomato pasta bake :) Adding to that, you did not like tomatoes when I tried giving it to you previously. Hopefully you will get used to the English menu with time. I had a shock at the state of your shirt as it has never looked close to this in the past 7 months, not even when you first started to eat solids. I wonder if they used the plastic, 'collect it all' bib that I purposely left with them.

You must have been really hungry at dinner time as you finished 200mls of porridge. Today was also the first time you fussed for sleep at 7 plus and was asleep before 8. Unfortunately you woke up once at 10.15, could not be hushed and demanded to be fed. I really hope that your sleep will not be too fragmented tonight. I pray that you will settle down more tomorrow and perhaps nap your total 3 hours and drink your full 5oz of milk :) I am sure you will enjoy the food one day as you love solids.

2 comments:

irene said...

sounds good! babies are very adaptable. About the clothes, take a photo!! albert does not allow me to leave isaac with nursery until he is 3 years old... so you settling well too? working is definitely so much easier right?

aiwei said...

Thank God he seems to have settled into nursery. Work's easier on its own but NOT easier when I have to work AND take care of Isaac. Its so tiring!!