Wednesday, 6 January 2010

The saga continues....

By the grace and strength of God I am still breastfeeding. Since not taking formula, you wake up about 3-4x at night and there's no daytime routine with you not feeding for long and so easily distracted. So, feeding is more often. At the end of December you did not poo for 5 days in a row!! Of course I was very worried, especially with me not being able to tell how much you are taking from the breasts and you not wanting to take formula. Daily I was standing on the scales to make sure your weight did not go down and daily I reported to Richard when he came back from work that you still have not BO. He was totally chilled and said it will come. Gosh.. thank God you pooed on day 5, the day before we went to London. It was my christmas present from you :)

Now, I know that if I can trick you to drink 4-5 oz of formula a day, you will poo once daily. But, its a skill to get you to take it. You have to be half asleep but still sucking, and then I have to delatch you and put the bottle in straight away gently so you still think you are on the breasts (we had to buy new bottles/teats coz you totally rejected the tommee tippie ones). I only get one chance and if you realise the switch, you will not take formula. Maybe its getting used to the idea but now I am OK with you not pooing daily. It will be tough when the time comes to stop breastfeeding but hopefully there will be other ways to get you to take the bottle.

No comments: