Sunday, 9 May 2010

Mother's Day

It's mother's day today in Malaysia and I was back in Malaysia when it was UK's. As a mom to a baby, there's no time for any celebrations, especially in UK, but it made me think about why such a day was created. I have never felt such joy, pride and contentment before becoming a mother. But with that also comes the testing of patience, anxiety and constant responsibility. It also exposes an inner strength that I believe is in everybody, waiting to be 'used'.

You commemorated my first mother's day with your first bout of diarrhoea and the whole weekend was spent washing: your clothes, my clothes, the bed sheet and your bouncer, and it was so tiring, even with us both around!! Thankfully Richard was around and you were still quite perky and cheerful, apart from being more clingy and did not want to play on your own. Maybe there should be a Parent's Day?

No comments: