Tuesday, 25 May 2010

First long journey alone

You have always had the luxury of me sitting at the back with you while your daddy was the 'driver' whenever we traveled. However, I decided to brave it and bring you to Manchester alone to meet a very good friend. We nearly missed this trip as I caught the flu/fever from you and have never felt so terrible. No wonder the saying - what's worse than a sick kid is a sick mom taking care of a sick kid. In preparation for the journey, I brought you home from nursery early to ensure you had a proper nap and brought lots of toys in the car to amuse you. You were very good and entertained yourself for more than an hour to Manchester.

Alas, we drove and drove but could not eat our intended Malaysian or Japanese food as both restaurants were closed!! Thankfully you were very patient (being entertained and entertaining aunty Michelle) and tolerated the altogether 2 hour journey before we ended up in a Chinese restaurant and fed you dinner. This means I have more freedom in driving around with you in the car.

No comments: