I am sure we made an impression on them too, with you walking along and pulling off every shoe from the lower rack and throwing them on the floor; creating a fuss when we tried to put shoes on you because you wanted to continue playing with all the shoes, and a summary of my conversation with the salesperson going:
SP: Those shoes (size 3.5H) fit very well, and they look good
Me: Do you have them in size 4? and can I try them please?
SP: But we do not recommend size 4 as they may cause your son to trip and incorrect shoe size may hurt his feet
Me: I'll still like to try them please
(so she comes with the size 4 shoes, puts them on Isaac after a fuss and he walked away)
Me: He seems to be walking alright with them, how much bigger are they anyway?
SP: 4mm
Me: 4mm????? and when do you recommend I bring Isaac back again for refitting?
SP: 6 weeks
ME: 6 weeks?? You mean a pair of shoes only lasts 6 weeks? I'll have the size 4 please
SP: But, we do not recommended size 4........... (and it went on a few times)
Well, she must be thinking, 'why do you bother bringing a kid for fitting if you don't follow advice'. But, I remember rolled up tissues in the front of shoes and I'm sure that's more than 4mm in diameter, and we all learnt to walk just fine :) Do parents really buy shoes every 2-3 months for their kids when they are growing?
Apparently, your feet will also grow thinner as you walk more and the 'fat' in the feet will go away. Isaac, you better walk a lot more as there's nothing wider than a H.
6 comments:
wow Issac has quite a wide feet. I think I went half a size bigger too to make the most of it! I tend to stock up the shoes as well whenever I see a bargain from Clark!
Felt like a cheapskate walking in to Clarks today to change the 3.5 to 4. Felt compelled to do so after our conversation last week. It was total mayhem there again, not helped by my two :)
we don't have the benefit of half sizes to choose from here so Liv HAS to wear bigger size shoes when the first pair is too tight and the larger pair too big. and yes, we had to change after 2-3 months. I can actually buy 3 pairs of shoes for myself with the money for just a pair of hers!
Am I glad I'm not the only kiasu one :) and also managed to convince others to be kiasu too.. but honestly.. apart from the cost.. it's also a matter of practicality right?? can't imagine going through the mayhem and stress every 2 months.. at least now we can stretch it to 4-5 months, MAYBE??
TL..totally agree.. maybe I should be spending more on my shoes since I wear them for YEARS!!! :)
I got an F size for O, although she was measured E. So she still has room to grow into for her size 4. Isaac has no extra space with his chubby feet :)
On a separate thought, do you think their feet's width are a reflection of their mummy's boobs size? :P
M.. you are super kiasu lar :) too bad Isaac's already a H
Post a Comment