Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Language

According to baby centre, you're supposed to be speaking 2-3 words at this stage. But, the only 'words' you say are 'dadadadadada', 'dedededededede' or 'babababababa', and no sign of 'Mama' or anything else that resemble a word yet. You do shout a lot though, and we always have to hush you. There's a friend's son who can already say 'I want', and 'I don't want', on top of the dada and mama. So Isaac, there's some catching up to do :)

You do understand a few commands, like sit down, come here, give mama/dada, dance, clap hands, shake head, brush teeth, splash, and will wave bye-bye and 'flying kiss'. Recently, u also recognise the words 'light' and 'nose' as you will point to it, and 'milk', 'yogurt' and 'mummum (food)' as you will be very excited/laugh/stop what you're doing and follow me to get it. I'm trying my best to speak some mandarin to you too but somehow I always revert back to English. A beginning is counting in mandarin when I walk up and down the steps with you.

Reading's supposed to be very good but unfortunately you have a short attention span and love to just flip the pages, close the book or crawl away, rather than listen. So, I bought you a pop-up book with sounds to attract you. Alas, you seemed frightened by the pop-up characters. Maybe it should not have been the 'Spooks' theme :) Well, at least you like carrying all the books around the house and fortunately do not tear them.

2 comments:

Mummy said...

That friend's son can now say "SMelly" too :)

aiwei said...

the pressure's on :) how lah???