Sunday, 2 February 2014

Caitlin's first day in nursery

Boy oh boy!! We were both traumatised overall.  Actually your first trial session was not too bad coz you were distracted and cried only for the last half hour when you were tired.  However, in your 2nd two hour trial session yesterday, you cried the moment I handed you over and continued to cry for the whole 2 hours thereafter.  Your face when I picked you up was sooooo pitiful and my heart broke.  Tears were streaming down your red eyes and snot was running down your nose.  Apparently, you cried harder everytime the door to the nursery opened (I suppose you were hoping to see me).  It didn't help that that night, I went out for the first time and left Richard to take care of you both.  It was another session of crying your eyes out at night.  Poor you..... I wished I had timed things better.

To be honest, I have been telling friends that Isaac did not shed a tear while Caitlin, you bawled your eyes out.  But actually, on reading the blog, Isaac, you did cry for the first trial session too!!  BUT, that was it and you settled in immediately thereafter.  Caitlin, I really pray and hope that you will not go into a frenzy again when you start your first full day on Monday.  I suppose there's more adjustment for Caitlin as she's older and more aware of her surroundings, is getting weaned off the breast and have to switch to the bottle, and will only be in nursery for 2 days a week rather than all 5.  Caitlin, please also do take the bottle and settle in well.

No comments: