Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Life on maternity leave

Currently, it's such a bliss!!  I would not trade the time I have now for anything.  Not that I had a choice previously, but I really regret not having taken a year of maternity leave with Isaac, time that I will never be able to get back.

I think I took a long time adjusting into this role of being a full time mother.  The first 6 months was really tough, juggling a new born, a toddler and maintaining the household (thank God for parents and in-laws), and I really missed my comfort zone of work.  I remember saying numerous times then, I miss work and work is so much easier as at least people are grateful and I get a break!! It was me grappling at a different identity.  But since then, I have enjoyed my 'time off' more and more, and dreading when maternity leave comes to an end.  I look forward to each morning getting Isaac ready for school, feeding Caitlin and then heading out for our mummy-Caitlin activities (which are packed to the brim), then have the most interesting and entertaining conversations with Isaac after getting him from school, and then it's our mummy-Isaac-Caitlin activities :) Really love seeing them both play together and entertain each other.  It's been slightly hindered by having to prepare for a MD viva next week, but can imagine it to be even better when that's all over and done with!!  Of course there are times when either of them drive me up the wall and I'm tearing my hair out, but thankfully those are relatively rare occasions.  Thank God for such blessings. 

If situation allows, a one year maternity leave is a must for all mothers!!




No comments: