Saturday, 1 October 2011

Potty training

You are definitely showing signs of being ready but I am being a little lazy (and selfish) to officially potty train you. I am more than happy that I no longer need to clean up your poo :) At home, you also tell me in the morning when you wake, and before your bath, that you want to 'wee-wee'. Very occasionally, you will tell me halfway through eating or playing that you need to 'wee-wee'. Obvious signs of being ready, but the nappy is so much more convenient compared with having to clean the carpet when accidents happen, or wash more clothes. The worst is trying to squat in the public toilet while holding/balancing you on the throne. You are also very fussy when out. You insist on putting your shoes back on after taking off your pants (means taking off your shoes, then pants off, then put shoes back on). Thankfully most public toilets over here are clean and dry.

Am I 'slowing' your development by delaying potty training? I don't think there's such a thing as 'missing the boat' with potty training? Funnily, you still soil yourself in nursery and do not tell your carers that you need to 'poo-poo'. I have told you many times to tell your carers when you want to 'poo-poo', but maybe you miss your 'buzz seat adapter'? Maybe I have to take a week off to 'train' you as don't think nursery is that keen on potty training you too as it is less convenient. Maybe I should just leave it until you tell me one day 'Isaac no wear nappy..'?

1 comment:

THIN SUE said...

Not to worry, soon he won't want the nappies anymore!! He is growing up fine, and enjoying the company of the Yee's!!