Thursday, 19 August 2010

Developmental check

The health visitor paid a visit this week for your routine 10-12 month check. Thankfully, you are doing everything that you should be at this age and passed with flying colours.

What you can do now:
Babbling - Always making your presence known and not being shy about it. It's always 'DDAAAAAaaaaaDDDAAAaaaaaaaaaaa'!!!!!! or 'AAaaaaaahhhhHHH'!!! and I am still waiting for the 'Mama'



Pincer grasp (9 months) - Constantly picking up hair and bits of paper/tissue from the floor and putting it into your mouth
Opening drawers and cupboards (9 months) - Favourite activity of emptying drawers in the morning and when I'm in the kitchen. You love the sound of banging the cupboard doors close.

Understand 'No' (10 months) - At the first 'No', will look at us, and then continue doing the 'forbidden' thing, until we say, 'Isaac, NO!!'. Then, you will crawl towards us.
Attempting to feed self (10 months) - Have to give you your own spoon at meal times as you always snatch the one I'm using to put it in your mouth. You also do not allow me to hold your hand to help you as you want to do it on your own. Makes feeding very messy but this will hopefully teach you to feed yourself

Dancing (10 months) - Moving your body up and down or stamping your feet to any music, especially from your 'toy table'



Clap your hands - Finally this week, considering I have been trying to teach you this for the past few months!
Playing on the rocking horse - Just learnt to ride on the rocking horse independently

Walk with the walker - 3 weeks ago, it was with us hovering over you and holding on to the walker to ensure you did not go too fast. You surprised us today by walking with it independently and with control.

2 comments:

This Mama Loves... said...

Way to go, Isaac!!
AiWei, you have to post up a pic of Isaac on that rocking horse!!! I can still remember the day you bought it and can't believe Isaac can finally ride it now!!!

aiwei said...

I know.. That horse was a REAL bargain :) Have got a few photos but still yet to transfer it from the card to the comp.. It will be up soon..