Monday, 9 August 2010

The end of the breastfeeding saga

I have been contemplating about stopping BF over the past few weeks but could never decide on the best or right time to. I have been feeding you only once a day for about a month now and am pretty sure you do not get that much milk. So, I should be stopping. But, things seem to be working well, and is your cue for bedtime, so why change? Then, I decide to continue.

Maybe all the activities over the last 2 weeks slanted it towards stopping as there were days that you did not BF as you were too tired and kept falling asleep and I wanted to get formula into you rather than let you BF to ensure you continued to sleep well at night (thank God you still only wake twice). So, you have been feeding less and less. 2 nights ago, you delatched on your own and fussed a couple of times. You also did not seem that interested to latch on again and would happily take the bottle. This must be the sign to stop and last night was your last feed.

There was a 'twang' in my heart that this chapter in your life has closed. I suppose 10 and a half months' not too bad looking back at all the 'saga' that happened in the first 2 months. Isaac, I am sure you will continue to grow to be a strong and healthy boy!!

2 comments:

ketonoob said...

Awwww..... Well done for giving up and persisting the last 10+ months after all that you've been through the first couple of months!! Seems like such a long time ago isn't it?

aiwei said...

Really don't know where the time has gone.. Am so pleased that I persisted with all the encouragement from friends..