Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Minor accidents

You just turned 10 months and is very 'adventourous', constantly crawling around, climbing and pulling yourself up on everything and letting go when standing, hoping to catch on to something when you lose your balance. You have also learnt to open cupboard doors and drawers.

Thus, I was not too surprised when your carers in nursery told me you fell and hit your head when you slipped from standing, resulting in a bruise a few days ago. But, I still wanted to know exactly what and how it happened, and surprisingly found it very difficult to question and ask them to be more careful, without sounding rude or offensive.


Today, I saw a scratch on your face and was told that another kid scratched you because you were both going for the same toy, apparently an accident. How can that happen? I felt stuck in the similar position of wanting to tell them to ensure it does not happen again without patronizing. It's so difficult to strike the balance between being serious and firm, yet chilled out when wanting to make a point across. Do all mothers find it this difficult when wanting to protect their child? Hopefully being tactful in this issue will come with time.

4 comments:

This Mama Loves... said...

Gosh.. must be so difficult! Bet ya 100% I'll be the same when Liv goes to nursery...

irene said...

change nursery? my son fell from the bed AGAIN few days ago... but no bruise

Mummy said...

I finally decided to ask the carer when T came back with yet another scratch on the face, and when he reported "XXX hit me again", to be told that he also hit back at XXX :)

aiwei said...

TL..really need to pray for wisdom and have faith that He will take care of our precious ones ya?

Irene.. maybe you have to put him on the floor?? ;)

M.. Good that T knows how to defend himself.. the good thing about nursery ya?