Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Sleeping habits

If you nap twice at nursery, you will be able to last the evening and allow us to have dinner before putting you to sleep by 8.30. But, if you only nap once, you will fuss during your dinner, scream after bathing and will need to sleep by 7 something, which means we can only have dinner at 8 plus. You will now only sleep on your tummy with your butt sticking right up. About every half hour or so, you will stir and subconsciously crawl forward once in your sleep. So, although I lay you down with your feet touching the bottom of your cot, you will always hit your head at the top of the cot about 3 hours later, which is the first time you wake up through the night. You still do not understand the meaning of 'sleeping through' and unfortunately love waking up, up to 5x a night occasionally.

What can I do? What should I do? I only ask that you wake up twice. I had to feed and comfort you when you were ill but now that you're well, you're taking advantage of the situation. We tried ignoring your cries but you have learnt how to force a cough/choke, scream/shout and prove to have more stamina than us and I always give-in in the end. I could not 'tahan' you standing, shaking the cotside and your pitiful face staring at me. I tried giving water last night but you cried after drinking water and 'demanded' milk. So, as a compromise, I made you bottles. There will definitely be no more breastfeeding in the middle of the night.

Hopefully you will learn to only wake up once or twice again. I know you can do it because you did it for a few nights before you fell ill. They do say an illness causes havoc with the sleeping. I just hope that you will remain well and sleep well...

No comments: