All this is writing in retrospect. Yes, the pain became unbearable at midnight 2 saturdays ago and I went into hospital for some entonox. I was found to be only 4 cms and fully effaced then and knew it was going to be a long, difficult night. I wanted to be 'macho' and try without an epidural but little did I know about the pain of labour. It was the worst pain I have ever felt and Richard thought I lost my mind!! I succumbed to an epidural when I was nearly fully dilated and I was a changed woman. I could even chat on the phone and labour was beautiful thereafter. Pushing was amazing and our precious little boy, Isaac, was born on the 27th September at 11:26am, weighing 6lb 5oz.
I noticed bruises on my hands the next morning from all the knocking and clawing around the side rails of the hospital bed. I can smile when I think about the pain now but it was definitely not pleasant then and not something that I want to go through again. If and when God blesses again, I would definitely get an epidural from the very beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I told Tim when it's my turn, they are to drug me up good :P
ya my friend said exactly the same thing.. she had epidural ever from the beginning for her second child
Post a Comment