Tuesday, 6 October 2009

The first week

No amount of reading and preparation could have prepared me for the experience of the first week. Isaac was a good boy, and slept through the first night. I had to put on the alarm to wake him up for feeding. It must have been the diamorphine that doped the both of us. I was drifting in and out of sleep after the delivery. But, the next 2 nights were bad where Isaac did not sleep at all. I remember texting Richard at 7am asking him to make sure he comes at 8 sharp as I had not slept for the whole 12 hours. It was the same story in our first night home. Thinking back, he may have been hungry as I have lots of problems with breastfeeding (another post altogether).

For the next few days, nights and days merged together where it was cycles of feeding, changing, trying to catch up on sleep, putting Isaac to sleep, getting used to the whole new lifestyle etc.. It was difficult. I am so grateful for the support from richard, family and 2 friends (u know who u are) that kept me sane. But, am sure it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hang in there, Wei! in 18 yrs, you'll wish they were babies again...