Time has flown and its the end of the second week now. The second week was tough with me falling ill from exhaustion and trying to establish breastfeeding. Although still slightly 'zombiefied', I think I am getting the hang of what life will be like having Isaac around. Everything revolves around him. Apparently its suppose to get easier as time passes and routines sets in. However, I still do not see that yet.
The most troubling and anxious thing was trying to establish breastfeeding. I thought my milk did not come and thus was referred to the infant feeding advisors who suggested immediately supplementing with formula, which surprised me. I followed the advice and it was breast-feeding, pumping and trying to get rest all in 3 hour cycles. It was frantic and tiring. Unfortunately, I saw signs of Isaac getting nipple confusion with him not wanting to latch on anymore. Well, I would do the same if I could get food from a bottle which was so much less effort than to suck from the breast. So it was frantic phone calls to friends who have had babies and all advised the same - to cut off the supplements and persist with just breastfeeding. So, that is what I have been doing since. Thankfully, I think milk's available and please Lord, do not let Isaac lose weight when he gets weighed tomorrow. He is showing all the signs of a healthy baby and I only want the best for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Ai-Wei,
As quoted by Ps Phillip Lyn, "without praise, faith sinks. Praise works!" So Ai-Wei, Praise God when your feel that you're losing faith.. praise and rejoice in Him! We will pray for your breast feeding condition to improve! meanwhile, find strength in the Lord... xoxoxo
Post a Comment