Monday, 14 September 2009

Mixed feelings

Last Friday was supposed to be the official day of finishing work where this week and next should be my annual leave and then my maternity leave starts. This is not the first time that I say goodbyes and 'leave' a job as I have changed so many hospitals in the past. However, it felt really weird and different clearing the desk and backing-up all my data and information this time as it is not about closing a chapter and moving on to a new rotation. This is still very much an 'open chapter' and I know I will be coming back to this job in about 6 months time after a life-changing event. The problem is not knowing when this 'event' is about the happen and I want to 'complete' as much work as I can beforehand. Thus, I do not know how to feel: happy to finish work? anxious and worried as there's so much 'unfinished business'? torn between preparing for motherhood and 'completing' work? or frustrated at the feeling of uncertainty and not being able to 'close' the chapter of work. I may not be making lots of sense here but its exactly how mixed-up I feel at the moment.

I did wake up late today. However, after checking my email, there were so many things to sort out at work that I went about doing it straight away and worked from home almost the whole day. I did not mind as I want to complete as much as possible before the baby comes, but, where do I draw the line? when all I hear is people telling me to 'put my feet up and rest'.

No comments: