Friday, 25 September 2009

Interesting traditions

It's been nearly a week since my mom's arrival. Unfortunately, no sign of baby Kia yet. However, the last week's been quite interesting with going around all the shops and buying ingredients to prepare for the 'confinement period'. I have never bought so much ginger in my life.. nearly 10kgs!! There's also 2 small pot of 'sweet wine' brewing in the cupboard, home-made. It is quite amazing to see wine actually forming, and the aroma's quite nice. We also bought guiness stout to bath the baby in, and mom arrived with 2 bottles of DOM for me to drink. Hhmmm... there seems to be lots of alcohol involved. We also fried rice with ginger to make our own 'rice tea' to be drunk after delivery. Apparently, I am only supposed to drink that and red dates drink coz its much healthier. What happened to water?? I wonder if these traditions will follow on for another generation?

No comments: