Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Funny remarks

How do people teach kids plurality? 
We were reading a book and there were 3 mice in the picture
Me:  How many mice are there?
Isaac:  That is a mouse mummy.  There are 1, 2, 3 'mouses'
Me:  Clever, but its 1 mouse, 2 mice, 3 mice
Isaac:  But that is a mouse mummy!!
Me:  Ya, it is a mouse, but when there are more than 1, they are called mice
Isaac:  No, there are 3 'mouses'
And it went on and on.. and I gave in, It will be mouse and 'mouses' for now

One evening, I excitedly ask you to feel baby kicking
Me:  Isaac, come and feel the baby kicking
Isaac:  But it is not good to kick people mummy!!
What do I say to that?

We have been trying to make you sleep on your own.  It works on days where you are tired but you run over to our bedroom after 10 mins if you're not ready to sleep.
Richard:  Isaac, be a good boy and sleep self
Isaac:  I'll be a good boy because I want toys!!
Richard:  No, you need to sleep on your own because you are grown up now
Isaac:  No, I don't want to grow up, I want to 'grow down'

No comments: