About 6 months ago you started a love for dinosaurs, which became a craze, and lasted much longer than we expected. Now, you can name all sorts of dinosaurs, have many books (including an encyclopedia) on dinosaurs, shirts and dinosaurs and a collection of dinosaur figurines which you play with all the time. You are still very much into it now and wanted a 'lizarosaurus' for Christmas :) Richard then arranged a 'dads and lads' movie outing with another 2 friends to watch 'Walking with Dinosaurs' which you loved!!
| With 'lizarosaurus (saurophaganax)' which you named 'lizzy'. You got a scleral laceration from its tail on Christmas day itself |
| Caught you lining your dinosaurs up for a race |
We started your swimming lessons in summer and you love it!! Thankfully you can write quite well now. Something clicked about a month ago and you could suddenly hold a pen well, control it and write. Before that, you distaste even holding a pen and I got worried about how slow you were in learning to write (reminds me of the time when I was worried about you being slow in learning to speak ;)). You have also started reading and is quite confident with 3 and some 4 letter words. You also add and subtract within 10 well and starting to do within 20 now. It really helped when popo and gong gong were here as they encouraged you to learn and do things sooo much!! I need to keep that up :)
As you grow older, I sometimes forget that your life (school, friends, routine) is here in Liverpool and this is your home. I planned the 6 weeks holiday letting this slip my mind. After a few weeks, you kept asking to go home to Liverpool because you missed everything about Liverpool. It did not help that Richard came back to Liverpool after 3 weeks and you missed him terribly. Not that there's a chance for another long holiday like that, but I have to bear this in mind.
There was also your first school Christmas play. You came home everyday singing the songs about about a month till I too was humming them in my head. They were really catchy and nice. I smile at how you 'fit' in some of the words though and when I correct you, you say but this is what Miss 'J' say it is!! For example, you kept singing 'wriggly activity' and I say it's 'wriggly Nativity'. You were a star (as you were in nursery class) who sparkled and danced very well and I'm so proud of you!!
This was your 2nd church performance and you were much better this year compared to last :) You held up the word 'Ho' very high up and for a long time. Your arms must have been aching!!
There's so much to write about you as you entertain, amuse and surprise us almost everyday!! Talking with you is so interesting and I can only imagine it getting more and more fun :)


No comments:
Post a Comment