Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Conversations about God with Isaac

A collection of Isaac's questions/conversation about God...

Isaac: God lives in our heart.
Me:  That's very good
Isaac:  But how did He get there?
Me:  Ermm..

Isaac:  Is God big?
Me: Yes, he's the biggest thing in the world and is everywhere
Isaac:  Ah ha, but he's not bigger than the biggest giant
Me: Yes he is.
Isaac (replies smugly): He is the biggest giant and is the leader of the giants

We are now all recovering from a nasty virus and I've lost my voice. He keeps asking me what is blocking my voice and I say its the germs that are attacking my throat.
Isaac: God can take away the germs from you.
Me:  That's right. So will you pray for me?
Isaac:  OK. I will ask God to take the germs out but make sure the germs don't go into God's throat

Isaac: Mummy, how come nobody knows what God looks like?
Me: That is because God is God and He is everywhere
Isaac (thinks and replies after some time): That is because God lives in our hearts and we cannot see through the heart

No comments: