Monday, 3 June 2013

Introducing Caitlin Kia Yi Shwen

Born on 9th April 2013 at 5am, weighing 2.7kg
 
I can't believe my little princess is already 8 weeks old.  This is also how long I have not blogged for.  It has definitely been eventful - mixed feelings of excitement, love, anxiety, and I can say it isn't necessary easier the 2nd time round.


Labour was perfect and couldn't have asked for anything more.  She literally shot out :) The first week was bliss.  I thought everything was going smoothly and wondered what the difficulty or fuss of a 2nd child was about.  I was adrenalin driven!!  Then it all came crashing down in the 2nd week when events included massive weight loss, hospital admission, realising that most of the milk from me was not getting transferred to her and I was making her run a marathon to get food.  Naturally, floodgates opened and there was lots of tears, feelings of guilt, anxiety and the hormones certainly didn't help.  It mainly surrounded the issue of feeding (me wanting to breastfeed and she wouldn't latch properly - same problem I had with Isaac).  So there started the cycle of feeding, topping up and then pumping.  Along with this came stress and sleep deprivation and I also had to devote some time to Isaac, who has been the most amazing, understanding and loving 'koko'.  Seeing how good he is brings me to tears and I just thank God for his maturity.  Yes, I am really happy to be blessed by all that I have. 

We had lots of visitors.  Of course my parents were already here.  All my sisters came for your full moon/thanksgiving tea party.  We had it in Dobbie's cafe (our favourite breakfast place).  Isaac was ecstatic to see everyone and we all had a great time.  Thank you to all for the gifts.


It's now 8 weeks into being a mummy of 2 gorgeous babies (of course I am bias) and there's still lots to learn.  Thank you and forever grateful to all who have been so patient and supportive over the last few weeks (you know who you are).  I suppose there will always be some form of anxiety and worry over the little one, but I need to trust that God will take care of things.


No comments: