Sunday, 21 November 2010

Male bonding

It was another major milestone :) Probably for me more than anybody else. Yes, I left you with daddy for 48 hours while I went to London for a conference. It was the first time leaving you overnight!! Of course you both coped :) The only small hint that you missed me was waking up in the middle of the night the day I left, and crying for 40 minutes, and on the night that I arrived home, but only for 5 minutes while I cuddled you.. Maybe I was imaging it, but you were super hyper on Saturday, more than usual :) We did plan to enjoy some family time but alas, the washing machine chose to break down. What a waste of a saturday sorting that out.

My 'time away' made us realise how stressful it may be in a month's time when I return to clinicals, and I lose the flexibility of picking you up, and Richard having to rush for 6pm, like he did over the past 2 days. It will extra tricky during the late on-calls and nights. Thank God for a month to iron it out while my parents are here. We pray for strength and understanding colleagues.

1 comment:

Mummy said...

It will be fine. Pray for understanding consultants and colleagues.