Sunday, 6 December 2009

The never-ending saga

I have always wanted to breastfeed and was so stressed out at not being able to completely breastfeed in the beginning. However, I settled with the idea of giving you as much breast milk as possible and was happy to breastfeed and then top you up with formula. You would gulp down all that is in the bottle in about 5 mins after feeding on the breast for about 45 mins and I will *sigh* and wish one day you will not want the bottle.

How wrong I am as from this week, you started refusing the bottle after a feed and I am far from happy with wondering why you don't want the bottle and worrying that you are hungry. Is it because everybody has left, temperature of the milk, the teat, or are you already full? unfortunately, you also wake up lots more at night which makes the both of us very tired, and mess up the day routine as you seem to be hungry bout 1.5 hrs after. Can't believe that u went from preferring the bottle to preferring the breast. So, the question remains - what do I want to do? :)

1 comment:

This Mama Loves... said...

BREAST is the new bottle!!! Well done Isaac!! Tell mommy you might be going through a growth spurt and thus need more frequent feeds... as frequent as 1.5hrs just like your friend Livvy did!!! :-) Big cuddle and smooch from Aunty Lynn and Livvy che-che!!!