Saturday, 11 July 2009

A slight panic

Now I know how important you are to me.
Over the past few days, I have been waking up about 2 times a night. I have no idea what wakes me up but you will always be kicking, probably the reason for waking up, and making it hard for me to go back to sleep. Is this the beginning of disturbed nights? Hmmm...
Last night was no different except that you did not kick!! I started prodding around but there was no response. A feeling of fear and dread drifted in. I went to the toilet, but still nothing. I then drank cold water, but still no effect. I know it was silly of me but still, things like that do happen and I have seen it before. I was so worried and kept prodding but somehow drifted back to sleep. Next thing I knew, it was 6am. I started prodding again and felt only a slight movement. I started praying and wanted to go to hospital to check things out, but I was alone. I kept asking you to move and kick, and me tossing and turning to try 'stimulate' you. I was so worried and immediately told Richard when he came back post-nights. Thank God you were back to your usual 'active' mode during breakfast. When I think about last night now, I just smile and think about how silly I was. Baby boy, you do not know how much I love you!! Maybe I should not complain about you kicking so much at night :)

No comments: