Saturday, 28 April 2012

Sea Odyssey Street Theatre





Liverpool must be one of the few cities where there has been 'giants' street theatre 2 years in a row.  Last year was a spider that spanned nearly a whole building, and this year, it was a 'diver', a 'little girl' and a 'dog'.  The 'play' was called 'Sea Odyssey' and it was to commemorate the 100th year anniversary of the sinking of Titanic.  They were HUGE!!  It was a real story, about the girl who wrote a letter to her dad who was on the Titanic.  Unfortunately her dad never received it and the letter was brought back to her by her uncle, the diver.  I was half asleep and extremely tired as I was on call the night before, but thought the whole experience was worth it.  It was much better than I thought, especially the dog. 

I did promise you that we were going to see the giant little girl and you were really excited.  But, you were quite scared of her when she arrived.  You really enjoyed the dog too, especially his bathing time.  When the girl came to do exercises, you refused to look at her :)  I wonder what would have happened if we saw the diver too?  He was apparently the height of the building (30 feet tall).  I was too tired to stay until he arrived, as I needed some sleep before working that night again. 
 
Your numerous expressions throughout the parade.  Of course daddy had to carry you as I was vertically challenged and was struggling to get a good view myself :)

 
 

 
 

No comments: