Thursday, 25 February 2010

The soon to end saga

You are nearly 5 months old and the plan is to start weaning you off breastfeeding to be bottle fed and also start you on solids once we arrive in Malaysia. However, it is not as easy as you had to make lots of adjustments to the change in environment and schedules and recovering from your cold in the first 2 weeks. There was also an element of not wanting to add/increase your formula milk and decreasing your breastfeeding timing/sessions. I feel sad thinking of not breastfeeding anymore and I can't understand why. Maybe its because the journey to reach this situation has not been easy and I want to savour this for as long as I can? Maybe I don't want to lose the special bond? But I know this transition is for the benefit of us both and I need to constantly remind myself of this. It is better done gradually rather than 'cold turkey'.

It is also amazing that I have not thought much about your weight since we arrived in Malaysia. Drastic difference from my obsession with it in the past few months. It has been nearly 4 weeks that you have not been weighed. It's not that I don't care anymore but shows the power of distraction. Seeing you being constantly active and entertaining everybody certainly helps reassure me. Still, I plan to get your weighed officially in the next few days. I could easily be fooling myself as I do not feel you getting any heavier.

1 comment:

iamamonkeysoareyou said...

He is growing. Parents who are doctors are uber-obsessed! HAHA....

The reason why you dont feel him getting heavier is because you are getting stronger!

Weaning off boob milk is difficult. I remember with Z it took a while.

Starting Z on solids is also difficult, and starting nursery does help.